Saturday, April 02, 2011

Sunday Reflections


Today I wanted to share the words of Dr. Charles Stanley. I am often the queen of worry and these words gave me comfort. Hoping it gives you the comfort it gave me, Annette


God’s Amazing Promise

 

Luke 12:22-32
Anxiety is reaching epidemic proportions in our culture. As believers, however, we are commanded not to worry (v. 22). Instead, we’re to rely on a conditional promise from our heavenly Father: If we will seek His kingdom, all our needs will be provided (v. 31). This is the opposite of the world’s philosophy, which tells us to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and do what we can to meet our own needs. What a relief to rely on the sovereign King of all creation instead of our meager strength.

Consider these qualities of our King:

He keeps His word. Every promise is backed by His divine nature. According to Titus 1:2, God cannot lie. He never makes a promise that He won’t keep.

He is all-knowing. Our heavenly Father is mindful of all our needs—the ones we bring to Him in prayer as well as those of which we are unaware.

He is all-powerful. The sovereign Ruler of the universe backs His promises with almighty power. “Nothing will be impossible with God” (Luke 1:37).

He cares. God’s provision for birds and flowers is proof of His even greater care for those who are made in His image. Not only is He able to meet our needs, but He also wants to provide for us.

Will you believe God, seek His kingdom, and rest in the peace that passes understanding? Or will you doubt Him and live with the anxiety of not being sure your needs will be met? The promise is given, the fulfillment is certain, and now the choice is yours.



Linking this post to Spiritual Sundays with Charlotte and Ginger

14 comments:

  1. Leaning on Him makes us stronger, not weaker. Smarter, not pathetic. Faithful, not passive.
    Great post- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very calming words for a difficult time in our country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to seek him with all my heart. I know I fail so many times. Thanks for the reminder. I know I need to trust Him more and more in my life. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this post. Dr. Stanley is a wonderful teacher and I enjoy his teachings. It is needful to be reminded from whom our strength comes.
    These can be frighting times if we don't where to turn for our support. Our Lord is always there for us and can we can depend on this promises. Thanks for sharing with us. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Several blog friends and i have been talking about anxiety over the last few months and how it robs the peace that God has given us for today. I love this line from your post...Consider these qualities of our King...that says it all right there...OUR KING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire Dr. Stanley so much. Thanks for sharing this today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for this.....He really does care....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post today and good reminder for another worrier here....Dr. Stanley is very wise and our God is very loving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, Annette. I enjoy listening to Dr. Stanley's sermons.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never seen one of His promises fail. We don't have to worry. That's joyful!

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this post. I needed it today,
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your conclusion, Annette. The decision is up to us whether to believe and accept His promises. Thank you for sharing these words of wisdom.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome post, and I too am so thankful that God does keep His promises, and like you , it is up to us to accept them.

    Thank you for your sweet thoughts and prayers for Will.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing, I think Charles Stanley is a wonderful teacher !
    Blessings,
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I
read each and every one.
Have a blessed day!
Annette