Monday, August 02, 2010

Blue collection

Today I thought I would post some of the "blues" I've collected this summer.
It all started with these candlesticks from, you guessed it ,Goodwill.  I know
they are not the same pattern but will be fine located on opposite ends of the room.
But first I need to get some 
Brasso on them!




While cruising the Hobby Lobby clearance isle I came across these adorable oriental
figurines.





I guess the thing that caught my eye was the details of the  facial features.




Although they are not like anything I have in my house, I had to take them home.




Finally, I picked up  this ginger jar at Goodwill to go with my other orphaned blue and white items.
I'm not sure where I'm going to use them, but what's a girl to do when they call your name?
My bonus room is yellow with blue accents so I'm pretty sure I can find them
a home there.


                                                
Hope you have a good week and please join me at the following blog parties for lots of fun and decorating  ideas!
Blue Monday  at Smiling sally's blog      
Todays Thrifty Treasures at Rhoda's Southern Hospitality blog
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm











18 comments:

  1. I cannot wait until we get our first Hobby Lobby in orlando in the fall! That will be a big day! I just want to live in the clearance aisle you all get the best deals!!! Joannes Fabric is across the parking lot, and has terrible service, this should make them step up their game! I love blue and yellow I bet your room is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved them,
    delicate and beautiful pieces of blue there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blues! Don't you just love Goodwill?! Great bargains! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never find anything this lovely at GW; perhaps I go to the wrong store.

    Happy Blue Monday, Annette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love blue and white anything and you found some great pieces. Thanks so much for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blue and white just always has a classic feel to it. I love the candle sticks and I usually don't go for brass. But I like the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful collection of art works.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the blue jar....

    thanks for the visit and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great find of the blues, and ou had a beautiful vintage collections. I like going to Salvation in our place here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Annette, I too am a great fan of Good Will. I am having withdrawal because I haven't been there in 3 weeks. too much going on in my life including our camping trip in the Smokey's with our children. We had a wonderful week there.

    I love your blue thrifty treasures. I have a bedroom in blue and yellow and I love the combination. I like the candle sticks not matching. Much more interesting.

    Thank you for your visit yesterday.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh, i love that ginger jar and those candlesticks! putting them in a yellow room would look wonderful!

    so glad you stopped by the cape on the corner, and what a great idea about putting little pumpkins in my apothecary jars! i think i have some, too! i also have little acorns that i hope will work perfectly in the littlest jar.

    hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are gathering a very nice collection of blue. As you can see by my blog, I am all blue in every room. Thanks for sharing you lovilies

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the blues you've chosen to share with us today. They are beautiful and just perfect for Blue Monday. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Annette! Such lovely blue and white treasures! I love the Asian figures! I hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Annette,

    I like that the candlesticks don't match. They're very pretty.

    Hope you are having a good week! La

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you have the figures arranged it is lovely with the plant and I think all the blue items really work well together. Thanks so much for sharing.

    :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I
read each and every one.
Have a blessed day!
Annette