Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mirror mirror on the wall...

When I saw Cindy's window- mirror over at romantichome.blogspot it was love at first sight. I knew it was just what I needed to add some depth to my little beach condo. I immediately began the search. After searching Craigslist, Goodwill and most thrift shops between Myrtle Beach and Asheville N.C. I was ready to give up.

Finally, I found a mirror I thought would work at  Old Tyme Pottery. With a little help from  Mr. Vintaintagesouthern  we added wood to the center of the mirror to make panes,sanded off the finish, (it was a dark oak finish), and painted it white. Skipper had to pose for the photo opt :)





It still was not what I wanted so we searched and found an old window sill. Mr. VS added it to the bottom and it made a perfect shelf for my shells.

I found the shutters at Goodwill for ten dollars painted them white and things were looking up. All I needed now was some plates to add some color to the wall. A trip to Marshalls yielded just what I was looking for.   I am amazed at how much the mirror changed the looks of the room.  Thanks Cindy for the inspiration.





I am linking to Transformation Thursday  at the Shabby Chic Cottage , Show and Tell Friday at Cindy's
and Frugaliious Friday      Visit these sites for lots of great projects.


1 comment:

  1. This is so gorgeous. I especially like the little shelf you added beneath the 'window'. I was browsing and saw your post on the hutch. You did a superb job. Congrats. Well worth the sweat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I
read each and every one.
Have a blessed day!
Annette